Today is an exciting day for Virtual Bridges. IBM is rolling out their Virtual Desktop for Smart Business Offering <http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/smartbusiness/virtualdesktop/index.html> which uses …you guessed it, VERDE from Virtual Bridges!
Purpose built for SMBs, this VDI solution is packed with features and offers the midmarket a safe and easy way to significantly lower the costs of managing desktops. We’ve always had a great relationship with IBM and this offering further validates the power of VERDE. We’ve heard great feedback from the IBM community and more than 100 IBM partners have already signed up to sell the solution. Check out what IBM had to say about Virtual Bridges to eChannelLine <http://www.echannelline.com/usa/story.cfm?item=26493> :
“Virtual Bridges has a really cool virtual desktop application, and here it is integrated into IBM Smart Business technology with its autonomic self configuring and self healing features. It lowers system management costs, so the actual cost of ownership is lower than VMware or Citrix, which are dominant on servers but haven’t been as strong in the desktop environment.” -Ron Kline, Global Director of Midmarket Marketing at IBM.
Since the IBM solution uses Virtual Bridges, the VDI package offers all the VERDE features you love, including:
· Access to desktops from a variety of devices (both Windows and Linux), including tablets, netbooks, laptops and thin clients. Users can access personal data, as well as personal preferences such as bookmarks for their browsers.
· Integrated online, offline and branch VDI; users can access desktops even without connectivity.
· Central management and reporting through a single console – IBM estimates 200 desktops can be run from a single IBM server.
· Self-configuring, self-updating, self-protecting, self-diagnosing, self-healing.
· Fully automated backup and recovery to protect against unplanned outages from minor incidents to catastrophic failures.
For more about IBM’s Virtual Desktop for Smart Business, visit:
Jim Curtin, CEO