VERDE has quickly become the industry’s most comprehensive VDI solution. And Bridgepoint is leading the way to allow existing VMware and OpenStack environments to easily setup and manage a powerful DaaS solution. These are both great products, developed by an incredible team. And there’s more innovation on the way. We’re constantly on the lookout for fast thinking, passionate players to join our team. If you enjoy developing products that really change the game, contact us.
Do you know more than you can talk about? Can you shape a cloud and make it work for you? If so, we want to talk to you.
As a growing Austin-based software company, we’re looking for a Software Development Engineer who can excel in a fast-paced work environment and has a proven track record of building cloud-based applications. You will work closely with the rest of the team and help design and implement features and functionality in our world-class multi-cloud environment DaaS solution.
We’re a technology driven company. And our Desktop-as-a-Service engineering team continues to develop an exciting software offering that enables Managed Service Providers and large enterprise organizations to consume desktop workloads across a hybrid cloud “as-a-Service” model. A successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on new and challenging initiatives and work with cutting edge technologies.
- Actively participate in the software development life-cycle, which includes R&D, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse and maintenance of software products
- Design and develop major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools
- Contribute and lead design and scheduling discussions
- Lead, participate, and enjoy engaging in spirited brainstorming sessions
- Bug fix against existing code, Unit and Integration testing
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 5 Years+ experience of software development
- An interest in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-impact environment
- Excellent communication skills, with written and oral communication skills in English
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and rapid prototyping
- BSc Computer Science, BEng Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience with a Lisp dialect
- Virtualization/Cloud (VMware, OpenStack, etc.) experience
- Clojure experience a big plus
- Experience with enterprise integration including SOA, REST & Web Services
- Experience with both traditional RDBMS and non-relational databases
- Appropriate knowledge and experience with Linux systems
- Familiarity with storage, networking, and server virtualization
- Familiarity with Windows PowerShell
- Familiarity with JVM & third-party Java libraries is a plus
- Experience working with an open source community is a plus
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Dev. Engineer” in the subject.
We are seeking a highly motivated technical sales resource for our sales organization. As a Sales Engineer you will be involved in all aspects of the sales cycle and will be a critical resource as we drive business forward. You will become a solution expert and actively champion and demonstrate the value of our solution to prospective customers and business partners. Working closely with Sales, you will understand the technical requirements of prospective customers, design solutions that deliver business and technical value, provide detailed product demonstrations and deliver in-depth technical presentations to prospective customers and business partners.
- Provide technical support on pre-sale calls including technical discussions, demonstrations, presentations and proof-of-concepts
- Manage the “technology” side of the sales process developing technical strategies and tactics for the sales of our solution, resolving all technology issues throughout sales cycle
- Take accountability for all technical issues during a pre-sales engagement with customers
- Actively team with Account Executives to develop an account plan combining business & technology strategies
Establishing value by mapping qualified business needs to our technical solution
- BA/BS Degree – Computer Science, EE
- 3+ years of successful pre-sales experience working for an enterprise software company
- Systems administration/experience with Linux servers a must
- Experience and passion delivering technology solutions to all levels within an organization from executive management to the technical staff
- Strong verbal and presentation skills with the ability to tailor dialogue to targeted audiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills including experience writing documentation, assisting with SOW development, and corresponding with customers and vendors
- Must be detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with internal team members, customers, and business partners
- Experience working within a sales organization and being responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle
- Solid consulting and troubleshooting skills
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with Sales Engineer in the subject.
Copywriter – Marketing
Are you a technology-focused copywriter bored with writing the same types of content over and over? If delivering messages for ad campaigns, white papers, web pages, emails, presentations, social media messages and more are exciting to you, this may be your Dream Job.
A growing Austin-based software company is looking for a Copywriter with a proven ability to think like the target audience, and shape a message that is compelling, simple and fun. Your work will be seen in all our outlets globally and you will work directly with team members across the company to produce deliverables. The right candidate has proven copywriting skills across a variety of message types, combined with strong ideas on what simplifying a message means in HiTech.
We are a small company and it is important to have a balanced approach to planning and organization against a get-it-done attitude. Our primary need is to knock out compelling content for our planned campaigns. Longer-term need is to expand and shape our brand guidelines. You will work closely with the graphic designer and the exec team out of our Austin office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with a small team of marketing professionals and the in-house business leaders to deliver in-market, externally-facing assets
- Writing a variety of assets, including PDF documents, infographics, web pages, email templates, website banners and presentations; we’re not doing much video yet, but have plans to, and we’ll need scripting as well as in-video content
- Developing the Brand Voice for our company and our suite of products, as you go
Your Profile and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of copywriting experience and/or undergraduate degree in English or related field
- Track record of leading projects from concept to completion, acting independently with comfort
- Ability to understand the Big Picture and zoom in on the minute details to get it right. Your number of iterations is typically low in the creative process, you’re just that good at it.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy
- A knack for design and layout is an asset, understanding how copy can be visually displayed (knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be helpful)
- A second language may be beneficial in the future
Qualified and interested? Please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
About Virtual Bridges Inc.
Virtual Bridges is a team of smart and talented people in their field, who are passionate about the value of the technology we create and how it will solve Big Problems for our customers. We laugh, encourage healthy debate, and love to win. Learn more about us.