Bridgepoint is leading the way to allow existing VMware and OpenStack environments to easily setup and manage a powerful Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution. Our products are developed by an incredible team. And there’s more innovation on the way. We’re constantly on the lookout for fast thinking, passionate players to join our organization. If you enjoy developing game changing products, please contact us.
Do you know more than you can talk about? Can you shape a cloud and make it work for you? If so, we want to talk to you.
As a growing Austin-based software company, we’re looking for a Software Development Engineer who can excel in a fast-paced work environment and has a proven track record of building cloud-based applications. You will work closely with the rest of the team and help design and implement features and functionality in our world-class multi-cloud environment DaaS solution.
We’re a technology driven company. And our Desktop-as-a-Service engineering team continues to develop an exciting software offering that enables Managed Service Providers and large enterprise organizations to consume desktop workloads across a hybrid cloud “as-a-Service” model. A successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on new and challenging initiatives and work with cutting edge technologies.
- Actively participate in the software development lifecycle, which includes R&D, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse and maintenance of software products
- Design and develop major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools
- Contribute and lead design and scheduling discussions
- Lead, participate, and enjoy engaging in spirited brainstorming sessions
- Bug fix against existing code, Unit and Integration testing
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 5 Years+ experience of software development
- An interest in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-impact environment
- Excellent communication skills, with written and oral communication skills in English
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
- Experience with Python, C++ and/or Java
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and rapid prototyping
- BSc Computer Science, BEng Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Virtualization/Cloud (VMware, OpenStack, etc.) experience
- Experience with enterprise integration including SOA, REST, & Web Services
- Experience with both traditional RDBMS and non-relational databases
- Appropriate knowledge and experience with Linux & Windows systems
- Familiarity with storage, networking, and server virtualization
- Familiarity with Windows PowerShell
- Familiarity with JVM & third-party Java libraries is a plus
- Experience working with an open source community is a plus
- Experience with a Lisp dialect (ex: Clojure etc. )
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Dev. Engineer” in the subject.